Find Usage of an Element
You have an element in
- Search Window
and you want to see where this element is used.
- Right click on the Element (Browser, Diagram, Search Window)
- Scripts, Element Usage
- EA lists the usage of the element in the Search Window
Which usages are detected?
- class, instance, object, part
- type in attribute, operation
- usage in diagram
- operation to Sequence, Behavior, Call Action
Which repositories are supported?
- SQL Server
- Copy hoTools.xml into ...\Sparx System\EA\MDG\Technology
- Open Scripting View (either in View or in Tools)
- Create New Scripting Groups of type: Project Browser, Diagram, Model Search
- Create in each group a VB Script (New VB Script) and name it “Element usage” or so
- Copy the Script in each group (Copy and Past the content of the existing "Find Usage" Script