MDG Technology for ArcGIS is designed to help users model geodatabases for Esri's ArcGIS platform in Enterprise Architect. The technology provides a UML profile for ArcGIS and supports export and import of ArcGIS geodatabase schemas.
The new ArcGIS technology built into Enterprise Architect 9, Build 908 includes:
- A UML profile for ArcGIS
- A new ArcGIS diagram type and toolbox support
- A Model Pattern that helps you structure an ArcGIS Workspace model
- Quick Linker support to help you build valid ArcGIS schemas
- An exporter that generates ArcGIS 10.0 workspaces in XML, readable by ArcCatalog
- An importer for reverse engineering existing geodatabases in UML form
A brief video demonstration of the MDG Technology for ArcGIS is available.
MDG Technology for ArcGIS Beta is immediately available in Enterprise Architect 9, Build 908.
- Registered Users: http://www.sparxsystems.com/registered/reg_ea_down.html#RegInstaller
- Trial Download: http://www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial.html
Support for modeling ArcGIS databases in Enterprise Architect was developed in collaboration with the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), who defined mappings between UML 2 and ArcGIS concepts, and prototyped an automated import and export capability for ArcGIS geodatabase schemas represented in UML.
Sparx Systems welcomes your feedback and suggestions on the beta ArcGIS profile.
- Registered EA users can send feedback via: http://www.sparxsystems.com/registered/reg_bug_report.html
- Trial users can send feedback via: http://www.sparxsystems.com/support/bug_report.html
ArcGIS and ArcCatalog are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions.