"Your organisation has standardised on the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and you are using an iterative software development process. You’re planning the first production iteration of your software development project and now it’s time to publish a firm delivery date."
This tutorial provides a simple step by step guide to the estimation process, starting with a UML model in the Enterprise Architect CASE tool and resulting with a detailed project schedule in Circa.
There are 7 easy steps:
1. Import UML software artifacts from Enterprise Architect
2. Assess their size and complexity
3. Apply technology metrics
4. Account for any production activities
5. Profile the development team’s skill levels
6. Scope the first iteration
7. Schedule the first iteration