Reverse Engineering the Android SDK with Enterprise Architect
Recently one of our Senior Conulstants here at DT (Colin Coates) thought it would interesting to use Enterrprise Architect to reverse engineer the Android version 1.6 SDK (as used in the brilliant Google Nexus 7 tablet) into a UML model.
He started the process by clicking the menu:
Tools > Source Code Engineering > Import Source directory…
Colin then used the following settings in the Import Source Directory (dialog) window:
- Source Type = Java (of course!)
- Recursively Process Subdirectories
- Create Logical Diagram for Each Package
- Create Package per Namespace (in the Package Structure radio-button group)
- Synchronize existing classes (in the Synchronization radio-button group)
- Prompt for action (in the Remove Classes not found in code radio-button group)
The UML model and diagrams (including their layout), are presented exactly as created by the automated import process.