Enterprise Architect version 13

download
purchase

English Chinese (Simplified) Czech Dutch French German Italian Korean Polish Portuguese Russian Slovak Spanish Swedish

My Profile

Social Media Channels

facebook google plus twitter youtube linkedin

Monday, 11 October 2010 00:00

SysML Modelling Language explained

Written by 
This article introduces the OMG SysML modelling language, dedicated to complex systems combining software and hardware realisations. SysML, adopted in 2006 by the Object Management Group, provides a vocabulary suitable to Systems Engineering e.g. by modelling Blocks instead of classes. SysML uses a subset of UML2 and defines its own extensions, making it a smaller language that is easier to learn and apply.

Abstract:

UML, the standard modelling language used in the field of software engineering, has been tailored to define a modelling language for systems: SysML or Systems Modeling Language.

This article is intended to provide a non-exhaustive presentation of SysML including some background about Systems Engineering and SysML, and a review of each SysML diagram and modelling techniques.

The article "SysML Modelling Language explained" is available from the following PDF document (size: 747 KB).

Read 6680 times Last modified on Thursday, 11 April 2013 05:46
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Guillaume

Guillaume Finance

VISEO (Modelling and Sparx EA Consultant & trainer)

Business and Systems Analyst with a software development background, and certified training instructor on UML, SysML and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
After spending several years working at an international level in the UK, I'm currently working for VISEO (formerly Objet Direct), Sparx Systems authorised reseller, VAR and Training Partner in France (www.viseo.com). Current and past projects cover the following industries: banking & finance (e.g. mortgage application), payment card systems (ATM, POS, UK APACS, ISO8583), set-top boxes, oil and gaz, and hydraulic utility manufacturing (EDF).
I publish articles and news about modelling languages and Enterprise Architect on my blog www.umlchannel.com.
I also maintain eaUtils addin for Sparx: www.eautils.com.

Login to post comments