EAImport is a converter from ChangeVision's astah (formerly JUDE) to Enterprise Architect.
- Astah community 6.9
- Enterprise Architect 13.0 or later
- Java Runtime Environment 7 (JRE 7/32 bit version)
- If you installed astah 32bit version, it is already installed.
- JRE 8 may work, but it is unconfirmed.
- If it does not exist, download the 32-bit version for Windows from the Oracle website and install it.
(64-bit Java cannot be used.)
The following "Working Directory" assumes "c:\work" in this manual.
How to Set up the Converter
1. Copy the following files to the Working Directory.
- all files in the EAImporter.ZIP file
- "SSJavaCOM.dll" and "eaapi.jar" in the "Java API" folder in the Enterprise Architect installation directory
- "astah-api.jar" and "astah-community.jar" in the Astah installation directory
- slf4j-api-1.6.6.jar in the "lib" directory under the Astah installation directory
- astah's file to convert (.asta)
- EAP file to import (.eap/.eapx) - You can use "EABase.eap" file in the Enterprise Architect installation directory.
2. Open the run.bat file with a text editor such as Notepad
- You need to modify the line which starts with "set JAVA_HOME =". Please specify the directory where Java runtime is installed.
How to Convert
1. Run the Command Prompt from the Windows start menu.
2. Navigate to your working directory.
- Example: cd \work
3. Run the batch file
- Example: run Sample.asta EABase.eap
- You can ignore messages of "SLF 4J"
- Depending on the size of the asta file to be converted, Out of memory error may be shown. If the message is shown, adjusting the value of STACK_SIZE and MAXIMUM_HEAP_SIZE may be improved.
- If there are any issues you can not convert successfully, please contact me with asta file to reproduce issues.
- Template information of Classes is not supported.
- Ports which are owned by Parts are not supported.
- Notes are automatically added in Use Case diagram if a Use Case in the diagram has Extension Points. Plese delete the Notes element.
- Size of Use Case elements might not be maintained.
- Call Behavior actions are converted as normal Action elements.
- Levels of Execution Specification in Sequence diagrams are reset.
- Some properties of fragments in Sequence diagram are not converted.
- Deletion Mark (X) in Sequence diagrams is not supported.
- Positions of messages in Communication diagram are not converted.
- You need to enable SysML 1.3 if you need to convert SysML Requirements.
- Style of Nesting connectors in SysML Requirement diagrams is not converted.
- Some styles of connector are not supported.
- Position of self-connectors and Labels (text) might not be maintained.
- Order in the Project Browser is reset.
- All non-UML elements are not supported.