enzh-CNcsnlfrdehiiditkoplptruskessv

My Profile

Social Media Channels

facebook  twitter  youtube   linkedin

patrick

patrick

Patrick Devick

Info Support (Consultant)

Software Consultant specializing in business and systems analysis with previous development experience in IT. I am currently working for Info Support as a Requirements Manager, SCRUM Coach and Information Analyst. I have expertise with SCRUM, Requirements, OOAD, UML, BPMN and Archimate.

Referencing to external web resources and/or files is a nice feature. It enables to retrieve external information within the context of the model in EA without leaving EA or navigating through directories etc.

But when a transition from project to production happens there is a possibility that all referenced files and/or web resources also have to be moved. There is no option to do a search and replace in EA on all external references to change the references. This script will help to perform the job.

The script offers a couple of features

• Change the paths of external references to files
  • Change the paths of external references to websites
  • Change the hyperlinks on diagrams referencing to a file or web resource
  • Test if the current reference and the new reference exists
  • Enable to perform a test run without changing the references. This way only existence can be tested

To steps to use the script are

Extract the zip file
Import the text file in to a script in EA
Change the options within the script which are listed in the upper part of the script
Select an element or a package in the model
Execute the script
The script will check and/or change the references recursively for the selected element/package

Friday, 03 December 2010 09:16

Completeness check for packages to export

This script conducts a completeness check for a selected package that you wish to export. A list of additional packages will be shown that contain diagrams and/or elements that are not owned by the selected package or sub-packages.

Have you asked yourself when exporting a package, does it contain all of the information necessary to be complete when exporting and then importing it into another model? Which additional packages do I have to export when exporting a selected package?

Diagrams can show elements which are owned by packages other than the selected package. When exporting a given package, the possibility exists that it does not show all of the elements and/or element relationships.

This script helps you to determine which packages also have to be exported. For a selected package, it checks for all packages, elements, and diagrams and determines if it contains a reference to elements which are owned by packages which lie outside the selected package for export.