EA User Group
Presenter Spotlight: Phil Chudley
Carrying on with our presenter spotlight series I would be amiss not to turn it onto our very own Phil "Chudders" Chudley!
Phil Chudley is a principal consultant at Dunstan Thomas Consulting Ltd. He has been using Enterprise Architect for over 12 years, and has vast modelling experience ranging from UML, BPMN and SysML. He has provided training consultancy for numerous organisations in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. Phil has also developed two extensions for Enterprise Architect, BPMN Generator and EA SafeDelete. Phil’s latest consultancies are the development of scripts for automated project workflow and validation / export of elements and relationships, and the management of RDF vocabularies including the import and export of RDF XML files.
Thursday 7th June - Fundamentals of MDG Creation
Room: Alt - 13:30
During this training workshop, Phil will provide attendees with hand-on experience in the development of a Metamodel using Enterprise Architect’s MDG technology. Specifically, attendees will gain practical experience in:
- What an MDG can contain.
- Defining tagged values prior to developing an MDG.
- Using the Model Wizard to structure an MDG Project.
- Defining stereotypes for Elements and Connectors.
- Overview of shapescripts to define appearance for elements and connectors.
- Defining a custom toolbox.
- Defining a custom diagram.
- Generating, deploying and testing the MDG.
- Overview of Quicklink definition.
Friday 8th June - Lessons Learned from the API
Room: Alt - 14:05
Over the past few years, Phil has developed many scripts and extensions for Enterprise Architect, many of which have “pushed the limits” of the API. During this session Phil will share his experiences of using the Enterprise Architect API for both scripting and extensions. Phil will highlight common mistakes when developing scripts and extensions and will share specific experience in:
- Adding elements to diagrams.
- Adding legends to diagrams.
- Adding attributes to elements.
- Managing tagged values.
If you would like to join us at the EA User Group in London this June to hear what Phil and our other experts have to say then head on over to the EA User Group website to pick up your tickets!