New training course from Dunstan Thomas Consulting
Course design by Phil Chudley
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable to anyone who models ArcGIS Geodatabases and wishes to create both a visual representation of the ArcGIS Geodatabase and an XML ArcGIS workspace file for input to other tools such as ArcCatalog.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the course you will have learned the following:
- How Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect supports ArcGIS Geodatabase Modelling
- How to configure Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect for ArcGIS Geodatabase Modelling
- How to structure a model repository for efficient ArcGIS Geodatabase Modelling using libraries of re-usable elements
- The practical skills of creating and maintaining ArcGIS Geodatabase Modelling via a worked example
- Productivity tips and tricks when using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
- How to validate an ArcGIS Geodatabase Model
- How to import and export a ArcGIS Geodatabase Modelling via XML
- How to import a ArcGIS Geodatabase Model created in Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect into ArcCatalog
- Overview of Enterprise Architect and its support for ArcGIS Geodatabase Modelling
- Practical – Configuring Enterprise Architect for ArcGIS Geodatabase modelling
- Development of an example:
- Practical use of Enterprise Architect to create an ArcGIS Geodatabase model
- Productivity Aids when use Enterprise Architect
- Capturing ArcGIS data within Enterprise Architect using ArcGIS tagged values
- Dealing with relationships
- Validating the model using the ArcGIS validation script
- Exporting the model to ArcGIS Workspace XML
- Importing to the ArcGIS workspace XML to ArcCatlaog
It is assumed that all attendees for this course will be familiar with the ArcGIS Geodatabase Meta-Model. Previous knowledge of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect is desirable but not essential.