Print this page
Monday, 22 January 2018 12:58

Cloud Services & Sparx Pro Cloud | Encrypted Connection String

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

If you want to connect Enterprise Architect with Cloud Services or Pro Cloud Server - where no user credentials are part of connection string - because you should use IIS for authentification - then it may make sense to encrypt the Connection String as it is possible with DBMS Connection Strings.

Here is how to make that possible:

First connect to a Cloud Service/Pro Cloud Server:

Enterprise Architect opens the project - so to see and modify the connection string Open the Project Open dialog - Editing the Connection String shows the details:
RAS --- ;Connect=Cloud=protocol:http,address:127.0.0.1,port:804;Data Source=RAS;DSN=RAS;

Now save the Project as Project Shortcut - there is an option to encrypt the connection string::

EAConnectString:RAS --- ;ConnectEx=rdwj!AIh`=&akz/7p{K2oA/t9ofR9i}u<Hw(1i*D<6OX)Y+n{r\H[;>:b0"{$65a8xey2,QfkRJ,;

"EAConnecdtString:" is not part of the connection string - but now you can use that connection string instead of the other one - remove any existing other connections from the list - and now connection to Cloud Services/Pro Cloud Server is encrypted.

Read 2015 times Last modified on Tuesday, 23 January 2018 22:09
Peter Lieber

I am an extrovert promoter and results-oriented controller and director. It like creating new partnerships and relations. I like people that are talking with me and it is important for me to help and motivate others. I'm very self-motivated and I prefer doing thinks I really like. I need a lot of creative and open space. But I also need people doing the administrative tasks and people realizing the ideas.

My highest motivation is doing creative work with and around Enterprise Architect. (www.sparxsystems.de)

www.sparxsystems.de

Latest from Peter Lieber

Login to post comments