My Profile

Social Media Channels

facebook  twitter  youtube   linkedin

Tuesday, 12 October 2010 10:53

Hints on Recording Sequence Diagrams from .Net Source Code

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Recording Sequence Diagrams with EA is a powerful feature, nevertheless it takes some time to figure out how to do it. This Article is not a full tutorial but it should help you to get started. This content was originally posted on our blog.

Lately I been investigating the options Enterprise Architect offers to record Sequence Diagrams from code, because we want to learn for LieberLieber AMUSE.

And I found a pretty interesting result:

It only takes into account “Classes” and not “Instances”.

There are two links that proved helpful – a video tutorial from Sparx Systems and a Blog post from Tom Peplow.

Setup is similar to what is required for NUnit – refer to this Post for hints.

I used my very Simple Account Class from the NUnit sample.

Then I prepared a little runner that would record a Sequence Chart using Enterprise Architects Debugger.

The result I’m getting from Enterprise Architect looks like this:

It doesn’t take into account that I have two instances of the same class – I would have rather expected it to look like:

The feature is usable but you have to be careful when interpreting the results EA is showing to you.

Read 7067 times
danielsiegl

Daniel Siegl

LieberLieber Software GmbH (Chief Executive Officer)

Daniel Siegl, since 2006 Head of Development and since August 2009 Managing Director of LieberLieber Software GmbH [www.lieberlieber.com]. He is the driver behind LieberLieber efforts in making AMUSE a highly valuable tool for the Sparx Systems EA Community. LieberLieber has been dealing with MDSD since its foundation and develops plug-ins and customer-specific interfaces and extensions for Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems. In addition LieberLieber develops tailor-made software solutions in the Automotive, Aeronautics/Defense, Banking/Insurance and the Gaming Industry.

blog.lieberlieber.com
More in this category: Colour your Knowledge »
Login to post comments